Happy New Year from Madrid, Spain!
What a year it’s been, eh? As December 31, 2011 draws to a close, here are some glittering photos of holiday-decorated Madrid, Spain (as snapped last night), along with a kind of “State of the Union” run-down of statistics from this teaching-traveling website empire for 2011. (As always, click blue-highlighted words for related articles.)
2011 IN NUMBERS:
- First-person world travel articles written on AroundTheWorldL.com in 2011: 59
- Global education interviews and opportunities published on TeachingTraveling.com in 2011: 60
- 150-person events organized in 2011: 3 (Meet Plan Go Travel Conference 10/2011, Teaching Traveling Night 3/2011, Boston Education Technology Conference 12/2011)
- Students taught in 2011: 300 (150 per school year, not including Study Halls or Homeroom)
- Awards and honors earned: 4 (Teach Plus Education Policy Fellowship, Massachusetts Literacy Champion Award, Boston Teacher Residency Mentor Teacher, Top Travel Blogging Diva of the year)
- Free travel tours earned: 4 (Madrid teacher training tour, Boston Movie Sites, Big Dig, Black History)
- Current Twitter Followers for @WorldLillie: 3,005
- Current Facebook Fans for AroundTheWorldL.com: 1,405
- Total pageviews for AroundTheWorldL.com in 2011: 135,204!!!
- Turkeys at my Thanksgiving in 2011: 0 (It was a Vegan Thanksgiving!)
- Destinations already planned for 2012: at least 6 (Spain 1/2012, China 2/2012, Greece 4/2012, Arizona 5/2012, Colorado 6/2012, and a mystery Honeymoon destination 7-8/2012!)
- Rating of life satisfaction (10 being the highest), in terms of feeling empowered, fulfilled, contributing, and on a thrilling track: 11!
So that was 2011. WOWZA. Thanks for being a part of it! I’m so psyched for 2012 and beyond!
Want to see more beautiful European holiday lights? Click here for photos from my New Year’s Eve 2009 in Florence, Italy!* So far, this article has been read by ... fans. Share it around! *