Who is this site for? This is a travel blog for people of all ages who are curious what it’s like to travel around the world, through Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas, and one’s own home (in my case, Boston!). This site has stories of things that I’ve seen and experienced during travel (some of them crazy), and also features specific advice for how to make your travel dreams come true on a budget.
Two of the most popular and useful articles on budget travel on this site are: “Why Travel Does NOT Have to Be a Rich, White Thing” and “The $30 a Day Travel Budget Secret.”
Here are the overall MISSIONS OF THIS TRAVEL BLOG:
2. To allow folks who are unable to travel now to come along for the ride and cyber-travel for some e-scapism. Try the Learning category.
3. To furnish students with a window onto other parts of the globe, thus building knowledge and showing that budget travel is both possible and extremely fun. In the Learning category, check out Student Travel Stories, Ghana Student Life Stories, and ESL Student Life Stories.
5. To passionately advocate that travel is fantastic! My other site, TeachingTraveling.com does this by profiling other travelers, while this site follows me and my students.
6. To provide specific tips for current and future backpackers on packing, planning, and destinations. In the Logistics category, try Pre-Trip Planning and Packing, or browse from this List of Destinations.
7. To publicize interesting places and people in countries I visit, hopefully boosting tourism to deserving yet overlooked ones.
8. To stay sane and balanced by reflecting and interacting with all of you! Writing for an audience is a deep joy of my life, and it’s amazing to hear of the impact these articles make. Do feel free to be in touch! See my About Lillie page for contact info.
For more on the overview of this site, click here for How to Navigate this Around the World “L” Travel Blog, or click here for the About Lillie and Around the World “L” page.
The author, Lillie Marshall, is 6-foot-tall National Board Certified Teacher of English, fitness fan, and mother of two who has been a public school educator since 2003. She launched Around the World “L” Travel and Life Blog in 2009, and over 3.7 million readers have now visited this site. Lillie also runs TeachingTraveling.com and DrawingsOf.com. Subscribe to her monthly newsletter, and follow @WorldLillie on social media!